Remove Genius Search Completely
Look at various different errors caused by Genius Search
0x80242001 WU_E_UH_LOCALONLY A request for a remote update handler could not be completed because the handler is local only., 0x80244029 WU_E_PT_INVALID_CONFIG_PROP A configuration property value was wrong., 0xC0000221, 0x8024401D WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_CONFLICT Same as HTTP status 409 – the request was not completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource., 0x80244017 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_DENIED Same as HTTP status 401 – the requested resource requires user authentication., 0x000000D7, Error 0xC1900101 – 0x30018, 0x8024E006 WU_E_EE_INVALID_ATTRIBUTEDATA An expression evaluator operation could not be completed because there was an invalid attribute., 0x000000AD, 0x8024000A WU_E_COULDNOTCANCEL Cancellation of the operation was not allowed.
Couldn’t Delete Genius Search? Best Solution For Genius Search Deletion
What should you know about Genius Search?
Genius Search is a malicious computer virus which distributed around by installing related components, infected files or removing few specific media files. The threat generally carries a dangerous payload, which is selected by its developers depending on their intentions. Typically, it infects the targeted Windows System, delete or corrupt infected system files and folders, download other noxious parasites onto the computer. Besides, the malware gathers information about your online activities and discloses sensitive information to third parties. If the Windows 7 is infected with Genius Search virus, then it can also encrypt or wipe out your important data, which is stored onto the hard disk.
Moreover, it is one of the most dangeroaus Windows System virus which seek to damage the entire machine or just some parts of it. This parasite is especially designed by the con artists in order to spread other malicious infections or corrupt legit PC files. It is capable of infiltrating harmful activities in the computer. Genius Search can cause bogus system scanners, misleading alert pop-ups, warning messages, and lock the affected machine. Sometimes, it can be used for displaying fake warning notifications, distribution of other threats, encrypting user’s files and additional activities, that are considered malicious. Hence, it is strongly recommended to Take Down Genius Search In Just Few Steps from your infected PC.
Harmful activities can be caused by Genius Search on Windows System
- Infects, overwrite or delete files stored on infected machine.
- Corrupt your personal documents and disable useful applications.
- Inserts malicious code into the MBR (Master Boot Record) of a hard disk.
- Run destructive payload before the infected Windows 7 gets loaded.
- Genius Search may display plenty of fake messages and modify PC’s settings.
- Encrypt computer files and demands ransom money from the victims.
- Causes slow downs, decreases Windows System security and program instability.
Ways that are Used by Cyber Crooks To Spread Genius Search on Windows System
- Freewares, malicious executables and other files from trusted sources.
- Opening and executing the files attached to junk emails.
- Removable drives, pirated softwares and peer-to-peer file sharing sites.
- Genius Search may infect your Windows System with the help of other PC infections.
- Clicking on redirected links and displayed suspicious pop-up ads.
Quick Steps To Take Down From Windows 7
To Delete Genius Search, follow these steps
Delete Genius Search and Reboot Windows 8 from Safe Mode With Networking
1. Firstly, press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift key and click Restart button.
2. Choose Troubleshoot-> Advanced options-> Startup Settings and then Press Restart.
3. When your PC restart select Enable safe Mode with Networking in Startup Settings Window.
Delete Genius Search and Reboot Windows 7/XP/Vista from Safe Mode With Networking
1. Click Start button-> Shutdown -> Restart ->OK
2. While PC become active, press F8 multiple times after that you see the Advanced Boot Options
3. Select Safe Mode With Networking From the list.
Delete Genius Search and Reboot Windows 10 from Safe Mode With Networking
1. Click the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift key and click Restart button.
2. Now choose Troubleshoot-> Advanced options-> Startup Settings and then Press Restart.
3. While your PC become active select Enable safe Mode with Networking in Startup Settings Window.
From Windows 8
1 Select Search from the top-right of the screen and type in Control Panel.
2. While the Windows Control Panel appears on the PC, select Genius Search Uninstall under the programs and click on it.
From Windows 7 / XP and Vista
1. Firstly, hit the Start button from the task of desk panel
2 When the windows control panel appears on your PC screen then, select Uninstall a program to remove Genius Search in the program section and click on it.
3. Click installed option under the program and the characteristics of the window
4. Now, choose Genius Search and click Uninstall
For Windows 10
1. Firstly, click on Start Menu> Settings
2. Hit on System Option
3. Click Add and functionality in the system menu
4. From the list, select Genius Search and hit the Uninstall button
1. Hit Windows + R button together to Open Run
2. Type regedit in Run box and click OK
3. Select all the malicious entries and remove them completely to remove Genius Search.
1. Firstly open the Common Prompt Windows show up then, enter cd restore and click Enter button.
2. Now, type rstrui.exe and press Enter key.
3. When a new window display, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of Genius Search.
4.After doing that, click Next button.
5. Now click Yes option to start system restore.
1. Firstly, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key simultaneously.
2. Now, go to the Processes Tab and find Genius Search related processes.
3. Right click on each of the processes separately which is related to Genius Search and select “Open file location”. After that, “End the process” when you open the folder, and clean the directories you were sent to.
Remove add-ons, Extensions, Plugins From Internet Explorer 7-7.00.6000.16441
1.Open IE, click on the Gear icon and choose Mange Add-ons
2.Now, you will see Genius Search and other suspicious plugins, Disable these entries by clicking Disable.
Remove add-ons, Extensions, Plugins From Mozilla Firefox:45
1. Firstly open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon and select Add-ons-> Extensions.
2. Select Genius Search and other questionable plugins and hit remove button to delete these entries.
Delete Malicious add-ons, extensions and plugins on Chrome 49.0.2623.
1. Firstly open Chrome browser and click on the menu icon then select Tools-> Extensions.
2. Select Genius Search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. Click on menu icon again and choose Settings -> Manage Search engines under the Search section.
4. When remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Remove add-ons,extensions plugins from Safari
1. Firstly Open Safari and click menu bar after that select Preferences.
2. Select Plugins and look for Genius Search or other suspicious entries. Hit on the Remove button to eliminate each of them.
For Internet Explorer 7-7.00.6000.16441
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer 7-7.00.6000.16441.
- Navigate to top menu and click Tools on Internet Options.
- On Internet Options window choose Advanced tab.
- In order to reverse modifications caused by Genius Search, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
For Chrome 49.0.2623
- Firstly, open Chrome 49.0.2623 browser.
- In the address bar, type this: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter.
- Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings.
- Go to the bottom of the page, click on Reset settings to remove all changes made by Genius Search.
For Mozilla Firefox:45
- Open Mozilla Firefox:45
- Navigate to top menu and Open Help Menu. After that select on Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox button to erase the effect of Genius Search.
- Firstly, click on the gear icon and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Now, delete malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.